google

Google

Monday, February 19, 2007

Grocery store karma


I'm a big believer in karma, not so much in the "you are going to hell for that". So today I'm at the grocery store buying stuff for dinner tonight. I was just coming from the gym were I had a good workout, I was there for almost three hours and on the cardio machines the whole time. So back to the grocery store, they had a sale on soda, and like always when it does go on sale, I load the cart up with four twelve packs. So far so good, I browse the veggies and fruit pick out what I want with very little trouble, I head to the ethnic aisle, I want tofu stirfry for dinner, so I go and check for new sauces that meet my dietary standards (low or no sodium, no fat, low carbs) if you look at every label you will find something different everytime you go to the grocery store. Today I found The Iron Chef's General Tso's sauce, It was five bucks, but would last awhile if it's really good and you only need a couple of tablespoons. Whatever it meet my rules, I'm worth it. I get to the check out and into my car, I'm already leaving and I started thinking about, they didn't charge me for the soda (nine dollars worth). So I'm conflicted, then I figure I'll be back and besides they sold us 4 jars of the recalled Peter Pan Peanut Butter which I didn't return yet. I know shitty thing to do just driving away. I get home carry the bags into the kitchen, honey starts to unpack the bags and before you know it the Iron Chef sauce rolls out of the bag and hits the floor and breaks. So now I have 4 jars of recalled Peanut Butter that can't be eaten and I didn't get to use my new sauce. How ya like them apples? So do I return to the store with the peanut butter and tell them I wasn't charged for the soda and give them the peanut butter back without a refund?
What would you do?
Find out later what I did in this situation...stay tuned

6 comments:

xxxx said...

Three hours?!?! I am SO IMPRESSED!

OK, so I totally feel sooooo guilty about that kind of thing too, but do you know how many times I've been overcharged and not realized it until I'm home? If I realize it while I'm at the store, I say something, but if not, then I figure it all evens out in the end. Is that bad? Maybe.

xxxx said...

BTW, your comment on my blog was sooooo funny!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are keeping us in suspense.

SMOOCHES!!

Frannie Farmer said...

Oh yea, that is exactly the Karma that I believe in ... happens to me every single time.
I really thought that you were gonna talk about Good Karma from your fabulous work out and I really (REALLY) wanted to know how the sauce was ...
I'd go back. But I think its because I was a devout Catholic in my past life - serious guilt issues ...

TTQ said...

So what did I do?

I told my husband what happened and he took the peanut butter back admitted it was buy one get one free when we bought it AND that I forgot to pay for the soda yesterday, could they plaese ring them up today..
We feel good making the right decision..

FF -I haven't got another bottle of the sauce yet, but it smelled and looked great

Anonymous said...

I tried the sauce and it was great. I havn't been able to find it in to store since, so I was looking for an on-line source when I found your blog entry.