google

Google

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Get Well, Get Well Soon

My oldest baby went in for emergency surgery today. Fletch, our Beagle developed a hernia that his bladder poked into. The little guy is very brave and was in good spirits but had swelling that prompted us to take him in this morning. Our regular vet took some x-rays and confirmed what he thought it was and was nice enough to call another animal hospital that does specialty work and give them a run down on what they found, so Honey drove Fletch down to Melbourne as I haven't been feeling well either. The vet called us at about 8:00 tonight and said that the first attempt and less evasive attempt did not work (they tried to poke his bladder back out in hopes that it would stay out once the bladder was emptied), so Monday we have to go meet with the specialty surgeon. This comes at a rough time as I have had a busy month myself with Doctors, so far this year I have an ultrasound, bloodwork , two doctor's appointments and next Wed I have an MRI. So it's been crazy the last two weeks, the drive to and from Orlando gets old after awhile. My husband has the flu and can't seem to shake it and was home two days from work this week (He has never taken a sick day in years), he wanted to take time off with me for the MRI, but I assured him that they weren't going to give me any info that day and it's just like getting an ultrasound, painless except for the nasty barium junk you have to drink and a small pinch when they inject the contrast dye. Still, he's trying to convince me to take someone with me, but really I'm not up for spending two hours (an hour each way) in the car with a friend having to carry on a conversation.
The tricky part now is my Dr's and tests are in Orlando which is north and west, and Fletch is in Melbourne which is south. I was going to go pick up the barium on Monday in Orlando, but I have to go to Melbourne to meet with the surgeon in the morning. So I guess I will have to go to Orlando on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Honey will have to get Fletch if he is to come home on Tuesday or Wed.

And that is what's going on with me, what's up in your world? Please share, I need the diversion. First person to make me laugh wins 80 bajillion dollars.

2 comments:

Frannie Farmer said...

I am just not funny. And darn I could so use an extra bajillion dollars!
I can understand the not wanting company before and after your tests .. been there and I prefer to go it on my own.
Good luck sweets!

cubmommy said...

Sorry to hear about your baby. I hope he gets to come home soon.