google

Google

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm thinking of jumping on the band wagon. The band wagon of asking for money via the blog community. I don't have an credit cards except an American Express that I pay off every month. Everything else has been closed (by me) for awhile now. The reason I need money is to buy a new car.

Yep- so I now I am contemplating a blog to help me buy a new car. I need a new car, I drive to Orlando for Dr's visits about three times a month, sometimes more. I drive a 1998 Toyota Corolla, my doorhandles became cracked and brittle in the Florida sun, they broke off one by one. I have one left that is not broken. The intact handle is on the rear left passenger side. My paint job, a nice teal blue has faded in the sun, It leaks power steering fluid and oil. My mom calls it a death trap. My husband is ready to put us in a precarious situation by buying a car like yesterday...

We used most of our savings for our Wedding, I wouldn't change that for anything. I want to bank some money before we spend the last of our savings on a down payment on a car. So we are at an impasse. My honey thinks money grows on trees, he's very impractical when it comes to stuff like that. He wants to give me the moon and stars, but I would rather just have financial security and emergency money in the bank.

Really the Toyota isn't that bad, I put a cd player in about two years ago. The interior is clean and has my Hello Kitty seat cover, Happy Bunny bumper sticker and air freshner. It only has 79,000 miles on it and the only money I have ever had to put into it was for new tires.I never have to get oil changes because the oil leaks out before it's due to be changed. And when the steering wheel gets hard to turn you just add more fluid! Honey and Mom want me in a new car, they say they will feel better knowing I'm safe. Honey wants me to drive his Explorer to Orlando, but those things guzzle gas and it is 150 mile round trip!

So do I take the plunge and give it a go, do you think people would want to help me buy a new car?

No comments: