google

Google

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Phase 1 of Wallpaper Madness

So far, so good. I explained what needed to be done to Honey, and he started right away. Mom had been here earlier to measure and bring some supplies that I may not have. She gave me the instructions and I figured I would start today. Honey however, removed the big mirror last night from the wall, which luckily was not glued on, BUT the previous mirror had been...so we found an ugly patch. We decided to keep the mirror we have and just replace the wall mount clips. When I got up this morning, I had a coffee on my desk and a can of soda. Honey had already washed the old wallpaper with TSP and was getting ready to wash again with plain water. Phase I complete.

Wallpaper is on order and should be here in a week or so from Monday

Phase II will entail painting a proper primer over the exisiting wallpaper that will allow the new wallpaper to be hung over it, also we have to paint the trim and door in yellow. If things keep up the way they have been, this project is going to be whole lot easier than I had thought. I was fully prepared to do all the grunt work, but Honey is just busting right along. He likes honey do lists and being given projects, left to his own devices he would spend all day in the garden or bed and let everything else go...

Me? I fixed his computer while he was doing that. He gets into his computer and clicks around and next thing you know, it takes me an hour to get it back to its original settings. I'm not complaining about this today, because I didn't have to get all grungy.

No comments: