google

Google

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Goooooood Moooooornnnnning Blogland!


It's T-minus 3 days till Christmas, are you excited, stressed or calmly donning an apron to do some baking? It's not very Christmasy here in Florida. It's a balmy 78 degrees with a nice breeze. I went to Toys R' Us yesterday to see if that would put me more in a festive mood. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all Bah Humbug. I just am not feeling Christmas yet, we have a tree, presents under the tree, I took pictures of my kids (see a few posts down) in silly little outfits. My husband keeps trying to give me gifts to open, which I will not do. Remember the rings I posted? I know those I got for sure, (I have the receipts) so to me that's like opening two gifts early. Both my mom and my husband have conned me into giving them gifts early, the big one. He got his computer, my mom got her gift card towards the furniture she wanted. Which we went and paid for on Tuesday. We put her office chair together, and there is a funny story about that, but I'll write that later.

Today I am going with a friend to a women's halfway house to volunteer. I'm nervous as I don't like crowds too much, and I hate meeting new people. The last time I tried to this, I got an anxiety attack and hightailed it out of the parking lot without going in. Yep, I'm a coward. This time, my friend is meeting me at a local shopping center and he is going to drive, I should be okay as I trust him to take good care of me and be my backbone. He was a member of our wedding and is truly a great friend, he was very excited to hear that I was ready to try and volunteer there again. Apparently they are always in need of women role-models (yikes!) that can serve as a bridge to the outside world. That's alot of responsibility. I am scared, but I'm sure it will be okay. Everybody deserves a little help and support. There are established procedures and rules for volunteers so I won't be in over my head.

No comments: