google

Google

Friday, February 08, 2008

Let' Em Roll


My mom and sisters are going on a trip to Las Vegas this month. I was invited but declined basically due to health reasons. Maybe a few more. Like I don't gamble. Also in part that I promised Honey to keep traveling to minimum without him, and that is on top of the fact that we have decided to curtail our annual vacation at sea so we can get serious about doing some major upgrades to the house. At any rate it's just not a good time for me.
Traveling with mom is a blast and I hope my sisters get the full experience. I remember my mom and I taking a cruise the first week of my senior year in high school. I mean because really , you don't do all that much the first week, everybody knows that right? On this trip we were invited to sit at the Captain's table, I got to sit next to a smelly First Mate who was Greek and didn't speak English. However, there was man who took a fancy to Mom. After dinner he invited her for drinks at one of the ships bars. In order to keep her undivided attention, he would buy me a drink and give me a roll of quarters to play the slots. Like I said I don't gamble. I would take the quarters pocket them or maybe took them back the cabin and go back for another drink and another roll of quarters. I think I scored $40.00 and 4 free drinks. That's called a sure thing in my book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where'd you get that picture of Grandma!? I don't gamble either (well, I'll probably drop $20 on slots). Am I going to have to worry about Mom losing our inheritance at the blackjack tables? We'll miss you.

I'm just wondering if there's any good birding nearby.

Andie said...

we went to vegas, and I liked the stuff outside of the strip- go figure. we're not gamblers either.

Although, there are tons of free things to do there!

and for the first time since I"ve been married, we're taking our whole tax return and spending it on a trip instead of on house crap!

It's like you and I are trading places!