google

Google

Monday, December 08, 2008

Oh What Fun!

Mom is perking back up, they are still going to take a looksie in her heart tomorrow with a tiny cam. They were suppose to do it today but her heart rate was too fast and she is still too congested. This morning I brought her a balloon bouquet tied to a teddy bears arm. This afternoon when I went back she had lots of flowers delivered to her and she was happy, but bored. She had one coughing fit that made me want to get the nurse, but she caught her breath and we just sat for awhile. Then she said she was bored again. I told her all about the auction they were having in the lobby, lots and lots of themed Christmas Trees set up on banquet tables. Oh so pretty! I wanted to see if they would let me take her down in a wheelchair to the lobby to see them. The nurse said no, she can't leave the ward. Remember when I was in the hospital and I wandered down to the lobby, the old biddy candy striper called the ward and security. This is where I get it from.

The upside is the nurse said we could stroll the ward. I practically skipped back to her room, where we brushed her hair (She had some funky bed head going on) and made sure she was all covered up. And off we went, peering into rooms as we walked along. Then we get to an intersection of hallways and they had the silver domes that have the cameras in them for security, mom looks up and says look at the fancy mirror dome! Mom, that's a security camera. She looks up and get a bratty grin and starts waving at the people watching the camera in some little security room. On the way back to her room I notice a sign that says "Behavioral Health" with an arrow pointing down her hallway. Mom! They moved you to "Behavioral Health!". She stops walks back to the sign then looks down her hallway towards her room. "Just kidding Mom, It's around the corner"

3 comments:

soapy t said...

always nice to fuck with people when they are in the hospital. i hope she is okay.

xxxx said...

Your mom is cute. I hope she is doing OK ...

steph said...

thinking about your mom and sending good thoughts!