google

Google

Friday, April 18, 2008

Where The Hell Am I?


It's Friday? How can it be Friday? It was just Tuesday. I've had plenty to say on YOUR blogs but nothing to say on my blog. The ebay thing isn't going to well. Which is ok, now I don't have to go to the post office. I tried to go on the 15th forgetting it was tax deadline day. What a freaking mess. And all I wanted to do was to have something weighed and to know the postage cost. I never did find out, I wasn't going to stand in that line and park a block away just for that.


I'm slacking on booking a hotel room for Honey's birthday, we have tickets to see Eric Clapton in Tampa and we want to stay two nights so we can eat lots of yummy Cuban food and hit a few Cigar Shops. Has anyone ever used Hotwire? It scares me that you don't find out the hotel until after you book and there are no refunds. At least on Hotels.com they tell you the name and have pictures and reviews.

6 comments:

Frannie Farmer said...

I have used Hotwire for airfare a couple of years ago and it was good .. but I can understand the hesitation about hotels. Good luck!

xxxx said...

I know a lot of people who have used Hotwire for hotels and been just fine. I used Priceline for a hotel not too long ago and I was a little scared, but it turned out great (AND I got a great deal ... I did a four-star and waited until right before).

soapy t said...

the greatest thing about my post office is that there is a seperate station for shipping where you don't have to weight in line. i feel like i am cutting.

kimberlie said...

hmmm, i dont think i have had cuban food before- i take it that it's good? I will put that on my to do list...

steph said...

i used priceline once a long time ago for flights, and i did get a flight that had weird times, but it was ok because i was flexible. i think the priceline thing is ok, it is a little sketchy not to know exactly the hotel, though. have you ever tried kayak.com? it's pretty good for trolling the web for the best deal. that or orbitz are my favorites for deals.
fun in tampa! that is great! i was supposed to go down to captiva for a wedding in two weeks, but it is my little brother's graduation from college so i am heading north. FP is heading to captiva for us -- we were going to go a night early and stay in tampa -- i'm jealous! the lsat time we were there we had martinis and watched the sunset and it was lovely. not that i don't love our sunrises on our coast, but you definitely get to see the sunset a lot more than the sunrise!

Andie said...

I wish I could help with hotwire, but I, too, am too chicken to use it.

I like expedia, though. Sometimes just go do a search on expedia, and then go directly to the hotel- usually their direct rates are cheaper!