google

Google

Friday, January 02, 2009


Mom went back into the hospital yesterday. Her pacemaker and her heart rate were beating and pumping very fast, her home nurse called the Dr, who said bring her to ER, we will be waiting for her. So there was that, no waiting in the ER. However her insurance policy with one company ended on 12/31 and the new one picked up on 1/01. But they took her back right away and shoved the clipboard at me. I figure that they will unravel all that by oh say August..

So my mini vacay staying at home with Honey will be cut short, seeing how we have jumped backed to square one. We were going to let her stay alone at night if all went well when middle sister was here. Middle sister is leaving tomorrow and depending on when they let Mom out of the hospital, I go back to mom's. Just in time for my bday. Good Times, Good Times.


Mom said she felt and still feels good. I asked the guy attending her in the ER from the Cardiac Unit, what would have happened if the home nurse hadn't noticed her heart rate being very elevated. More like what if home nursing care was over and mom had no symptoms. He said her heart would have gotten very very tired...


I did see our GP (mom, honey and I all go to the same guy) outside of my Mom's room, and it reminded me that I have to take care of me too. So I made the appointment that I have been meaning to make forever... Hopefully he can do something about the chronic pain. Until then he will probably give me pain pills, Isn't that going to be fun?

4 comments:

kim said...

Don't forget about you. Aren't you still supposed to be on six weeks worth of taking it easy?

Sorry to hear about your mom, glad they caught the problem.

meno said...

I think all Doctors are guessing much of the time.

steph said...

good thoughts your way......

xxxx said...

I'm sorry about your mom ... I hope she is doing better.