google

Google

Saturday, January 17, 2009

RIP


To all my fellow blog friends who have jumped ship to facebook, I understand the time saving it allows you. But now we never get to really HEAR you. Like what the world is going on in that crazy little head of yours stewing and itching to be typed all day? Or sometimes just firing up a blank post and typing with no direction at all? I have a Myspace place, I have a Facebook place, Yep Flickr got it covered, Hi5 been there too. I'm sure I'm missing a few social networking places I belong to. But my Blog will always be my baby. Yes, I'm in love with my blog. Not because it's great or anything like that, but because it is a secret extension of me. Bloggers know me on Facebook but Facebook friends don't know the blogger in me. Facebook is for IRLF people. Blogging is where my ass hangs over the side of the ship in full view. Does that make any sense? So in part, those of you have chosen Facebook over Blogger, I'm sad. It shouldn't even be allowed. RIP abandoned blogs. Rest in peace.

6 comments:

meno said...

Yes, that totally makes sense.

Your ass looks good hanging over the side.

steph said...

me too! so many of my friends don't even know i blog.....

kim said...

No, totally ditto and all that good stuff.

I will always blog, just not frequent at all anymore. Too many crickets on my blog now because I haven't been able to stay with it regular.

I Just don't want to lose my blogger buddies because I hardly ever post anymore.

Home is where you hang your ass :o).

.Nicotine.Queen. said...

I agree. I blogged on myspace for years before starting this one and I like the fact that if my friends really want to know what I'm saying, they make the extra effort to come see. Otherwise, too bad for them.

soapy t said...

FUCK FACEBOOK

Andie said...

yep. I don't really tell many of my "IRL" people about my blog. I don't know why. I feel like they don't care anyhow. I feel like if they take the effort to read it, then great.

I haven't abandoned!